Benjamin D. Witte
Ben looks at every client as a long-term relationship for Green Griffith.
Ben focuses his practice on patent litigation related to chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology matters. He has particular experience representing pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman litigation and he has been involved in all stages of patent litigation, including the various forms of discovery, working with experts, preparing dispositive briefs and resolution at trial.
“I enjoy learning a client’s business and helping them grow,” he says. “I really want to see clients be successful, and continue working with them for a long time.”
Ben especially appreciates the dedication and teamwork at Green Griffith. “We have a great, experienced team that works together efficiently,” he says. “We understand the science and are constantly evaluating the best way to build the record and present the facts to give our clients the best shot at winning.”
Before joining Green Griffith, Ben was an associate at Leydig, Voit & Mayer, Ltd.
The University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
Clinton Family Fund and Douglas G. Baird Scholarship
The University of Missouri, B.S., chemical engineering,
magna cum laude
- Chicago Bar Association
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, No. 77,844
- Named in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Patent Law, as published by Best Lawyers®, 2021-2022
- Named in the Illinois Rising Stars list, as published in Illinois Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
- Clarus Therapeutics, Inc. v. Lipocine Inc., 19-01566 (Fed. Cir.) – Appeal of Interference No. 106,045 (PTAB)
- Par Pharmaceutical v. QuVa Pharma et al., 17-6115 (D.N.J.) (trade secret action regarding vasopressin for injection)
- Horizon Pharma Ireland Limited, et al. v. Actavis Laboratories UT, Inc., 14-cv-07992-NLH-AMD (D.N.J.) (diclofenac sodium topical solution – PENNSAID® 2%)
- Horizon Pharma Ireland Limited, et al. v. Lupin Ltd., 15‐3051‐NLH (D.N.J.) (diclofenac sodium topical ‐ PENNSAID® 2%)
- Horizon Therapeutics, LLC v. Par Pharmaceutical Inc., 17-05901-KM-MAH (D.N.J.) (glycerol phenylbutyrate – RAVICTI®)
- Horizon Pharma AG et al. v. Watson Laboratories, Inc. – Florida, 13-5124-JEI (D.N.J.) (delayed release prednisone – RAYOS®)
- Helsinn Healthcare SA et al. v. Cipla Ltd., 14-427-GMS (D.Del.) (palonosetron HCl injection – ALOXI®)
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
- “Survey of ‘Exceptional’ Case Fee Shifting Post-Octane,” Chicago, IL, January 28, 2015.