Benjamin D. Witte
Ben focuses his practice on patent litigation related to chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology matters. He has particular experience representing pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman litigation. Ben has been involved in all stages of patent litigation, including the various forms of discovery, working with experts, preparing dispositive briefs, and resolution at trial.
Prior to joining Green Griffith, Ben was an Associate at Womble Bond Dickinson, and an Associate at Leydig, Voit & Mayer.
The University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
Clinton Family Fund and Douglas G. Baird Scholarship,
The University of Missouri, B.S., chemical engineering,
magna cum laude
- Chicago Bar Association
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, No. 77,844
- Horizon Pharma Ireland Limited, et al. v. Actavis Laboratories UT, Inc., 14-cv-07992-NLH-AMD (D.N.J.) (diclofenac sodium topical solution – PENNSAID® 2%)
- Horizon Pharma Ireland Limited, et al. v. Lupin Ltd., 15‐3051‐NLH (D.N.J.) (diclofenac sodium topical ‐ PENNSAID® 2%)
- Horizon Therapeutics, LLC v. Par Pharmaceutical Inc., 17-05901-KM-MAH (D.N.J.) (glycerol phenylbutyrate – RAVICTI®)
- Horizon Pharma AG et al. v. Watson Laboratories, Inc. – Florida, 13-5124-JEI (D.N.J.) (delayed release prednisone – RAYOS®)
- Helsinn Healthcare SA et al. v. Cipla Ltd., 14-427-GMS (D.Del.) (palonosetron HCl injection – ALOXI®)
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
- “Survey of ‘Exceptional’ Case Fee Shifting Post-Octane,” Chicago, IL, January 28, 2015.